Saturday, September 12, 2009

Our Visit to Cali

SO, how did we end up in Cali? Well, basically my Mom missed us so much that she flew Kiley and I out to Cali for two weeks for her birthday present. SWEET!! We had so much fun and kept super busy. We had planned so much but just didn't have time to fit it all in. Maybe next time. =)

Two days were just taken up with traveling, then two days for getting my hair done =) (I had gone to a place in Ohio, but they didn't even know how to straighten my hair. Scary, huh?)

We visited with lots of family: the Towners, Grandma Hoggan, Aunt Paula and the Dawsons. We went shopping with Sheila and my Mom who both totally spoiled Kiley and me (I had to check a whole other suitcase just to bring everything home. LOL). We had so much fun though!

I got my IN-N-OUT fix, my yummy frozen yogurt fix and my REALLY good Mexican food fix all taken care of (at least for now =)). Ohio really needs to work on getting these. =)

We got to go to the beach once with my mom and dad who took the day off. HURRAY!! I only wish we could have gone more, but things just kept coming up and time just kept disappearing. Kiley and I had so much fun though and the weather was perfect.

Kiley said her first real word while we were there. "CLOCK". Except that she leaves out the "L", so we are working on that part. LOL. By the time we left she was saying, "CLOCK", "Oh, no", "Yeah", "Up", and "Whoa". She's so cute.

I got to go to the temple while I was there, which is such an amazing blessing. It's an 8hour day to go out here in Ohio, which with kids can make it really difficult. So I was so thankful I was able to go while out in Cali.

My friend Heidi and her two girls came out for the day from Redondo Beach to visit and swim with Kiley, my mom and me. It was so good to see them again. And they brought me delicious El Burrito Jr from Redondo. Did I say friend? I meant bestest friend ever!!! LOL. We miss havingthem as our neighbors. Walks to the library, workout mornings, 24 late night get togethers, amazing coconut hot chocolate, and just hanging out. I had so much fun and Kiley had a ball playing with Genevieve again. I am pretty sure she still remembered her, even though it had been 7 months =).

Sadly, while I was there, Trudy's father passed away and a funeral was held in his honor. It was a beautiful funeral. The spirit was so strong. Ian, Michelle and Kyle all flew in for the funeral. It was so good to see them, even though it wasn't in the best of circumstances. At the funeral Ian, Michelle, Kyle and I all sung "Nearer My God to Thee" while their Uncle Terry played the guitar. I was so honored to be part of such a beautiful tribute to their grandfather. Ian played a beautiful piano piece, Mark gave a wonderful eulogy, Michelle and Ian put together an amazing video presentation of their grandfather and Ian's father-in-law gave a beautiful military tribute (hopefully I didn't forget anything, but I had to step out because Kiley was too loud).

The day after the funeral, Kiley and I headed home to Ohio. Sad to leave but excited to see Christian again we boarded the plane. The night before we left Kiley and I had web camed Christian. Kiley wanted to give him a hug through the computer and when she realized she couldn't she got hysterical. Kiley and I both really missed Christian. I believe this is the longest we've been apart.
So, while I was gone in Cali what did Christian do? I've been asking myself that same question. J/K. LOL. As the amazing, wonderful, great husband that he is he kept me well informed. He went on two business trips and visited his friend Matt in Chicago. He said it was so much fun. Matt took him golfing, to the movies, dinner and to see the great city of Chicago. I'm sure he'll be talking about it for a while. LOL. We don't get out often enough. =)

When I get some more pictures from our Cali trip I'll post them. We are going out to see the house this weekend, so I will take pictures and update you soon. So exciting!


2 comments:

  1. I know your Mom was so happy to have you there! I love how Kiley says "clock." Kennedy's favorite movie was "Fox and the Hound" but she pronounced Fox with a ck at the end!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that we were out at the same time. It was so good to see you and Kiley. She is so cute and you are such a good Mom. Thanks for your example as a big sister- in so many ways. Thanks for helping me sing- as singing in front of people was my biggest fear in life. Thanks for helping me get over that - although, i'm not ready to volunteer myself for any solo any time soon :)
    Glad you guys had fun here in CA. Thanks for all your help at the funeral. I really enjoyed seeing you and miss you lots as we all live so far away. I am glad that you were able to be here at the funeral. We missed April- as I feel like it was a family event and really felt good having you guys there.
    I can't wait to see more pictures of your place. I am so excited for you guys! That must be so exciting. Wish I could be out there to help with cleaning and moving and watching Kiley.
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete