Friday, December 31, 2010

Pretty in Pink

I finished Kiley's room awhile ago but completely forgot to post any pictures.  So this is for everyone awaiting the reveal. 
I think it turned out really good.  Kiley was very excited and loves her new room.  As I mentioned in a previous blog Kiley picked out the dark hot pink so I paired it with the lighter pink to help divide it up.  Christian came up with the idea of the chair rail which was a great idea.  I was originally planning on doing all stripes up and down which I think would have been too busy so this worked out really well.  I made her curtains and blanket for her bed (she helped pick out the fabric).  Then I painted the little table and chairs which were found at a garage sale.  I found the dresser at a garage sale and got it for a $15 steal.  Awesome deal!! Christian then painted it white for me.  And we got her toddler bed and mattress on Craig's list and I painted that white to match as well.
I bought the floating shelves not realizing how difficult they would be to hang up.  I couldn't  put them where I wanted them, because of where the studs are in the wall, but thanks to a patient husband they are up. 
I had a lot of fun, but have to say that I don't know if I will ever paint stripes again.  It was a lot of work, a whole lot more than I expected, especially with a little one around.  But it's done and Kiley loves it and that's what's important.  I didn't want her to think we were kicking her out of her old room but rather that she was getting a special big girl room instead.  And I think that's just how she feels.  So enjoy the pics!





No comments:

Post a Comment