Thursday, April 14, 2011

First Haircut

So, today we went to the park to play.  Kiley got so dirty.  She just can't resist playing in any mud or dirt.  When we got home I gave her a bath and afterwards decided it was time for her first haircut from mom (I have never cut hair before except Christian's, but that is with the clippers so that doesn't really count). 

Well, what started out as just a trim went into, "let's try some layers" and then "do you want bangs?"  If you haven't noticed yet, I didn't post a picture.  LOL.  I now know why I was never a hairdresser. LOL.  The layers aren't completely horrible, I can work with that but the bangs...I swear she must have been raising her eyebrows when I cut them because I swear I followed the eyebrow line.  LOL.  "Hello forehead" LOL.  Hopefully her hair grows quickly.

I asked her what she thought of it and she said "It's princess hair."  I am glad she likes it.  As for me, I think unless I vastly improve my haircutting skills my children will be going to a hairdresser or waiting for my sister to cut it at family reunions.  Next time I better stick to just a trim. 

2 comments:

  1. That is so funny. I laughed for a while and through the entire thing. That is great. Today I put Tyler in the car and got in myself. I pulled out and "bumped" something. I didn't think I hit anyone b/c I looked. Although.... I forgot to put his stroller in the trunk. opps! It was pretty funny and I was really glad no one saw b/c that would have been really embarrassing. It was great video chatting, lets do it again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. People might think that Kiley took some scissors to her own hair. lol. Its probably not that bad. I have never cut anyone's hair before. I probably would have made it look worse. I did cut a chunk out of my bangs when i was little. My mom was so mad. haha.

    ReplyDelete