Thursday, May 8, 2014

Catch Up




Group Date Night. Sushi!! Yum!
So, what's new?  Well the girls have been taking swim and ballet lessons.  They love both!  They have their ballet recital on June 2nd.  They are really excited.  Kiley was doing so well in swim that they moved her up two classes.  I made an Elsa dress for both girls.  I have been doing some landscaping in the backyard.  The girls have been helping me plant all kinds of plants and flowers.  The girls convinced me to put out some bird feeders and I am glad we did.  We have had all kinds of bird visitors.  I have attached some pix of some of them.  Our favorite is our red bellied woodpecker that comes almost every morning while we eat breakfast, we have had goldfinch, doves, cardinals and others as well.  The girls like looking them up online and finding out about them.    We are fixing up the backyard and adding some play areas and furniture as well.  I will have to post pics when it is all done.  
We went to Texas for a little trip to see Christian's Sister and Brother and their families.  We had so much fun.  My only regret is that I didn't take very many pictures (I think I took like 5). LOL.  They are attached as well.  
Rowen recently decided to give herself a haircut.  LOL.  We had the carpet cleaners coming one afternoon.  Kale was down for a nap, Kiley was at school and Rowen was watching frozen downstairs.  I vacuumed downstairs and then ran upstairs to vacuum real quick before the cleaners came.  I only got one room vacuumed when they knocked on the door.  I let them in and began to walk them through the house when I noticed chunks of blonde hair. " I just vacuumed" I thought.  Then I realized it was my daughters hair. LOL.  I found her behind the chair in the family room with scissors.  She had chopped her bangs off and had cut one whole side off as well.  There are pics below. The choices were either mullet or pixie cut so we went with the pixie cut.  When I asked her why she did it she said her bangs were in her eyes.  LOL.  Then I remembered two days before she asked me to cut them for her and I told her I would do it later.  I  guess she decided to take care of it herself since I was taking too long. LOL.  At least she is independent. LOL. I had a video of her explaining what happened attached.
All in all it has been a fun year so far.  Kale is growing up so fast.  We are having my family reunion out here in August so our goal is to finish our backyard by then.  Wish me luck! lol.


Ballet Class
Elsa Costumes




Texas Trip with Charlie, Aunt Holly and Uncle Adam's Dog


Taking a ride with Uncle Aaron


Wagon ride at Aunt Rachel's House

Red Bellied Woodpecker

We found another snake in our backyard.  We get lots of these.  More than I like.lol


our new toy

cardinal



dove

lots of doves

goldfinch




this one has red and yellow when it opens up it's wings

happy easter



my little man

some landscaping



waiting to get our hair fixed.  this is the side she took off
Mullet or Pixie?  Should have gone mullet. lol.  Then she still could have had her Elsa braid she keeps asking me for. LOL.

these are the bangs she cut.  you can still see it is long on the one side still.


After we got it fixed. Pixie Cut

No comments:

Post a Comment