Well, Kiley got her first real boo boo. Last night while getting ready for bed she decided to test our reflexes... to her and our disappointment we weren't as fast as we'd like to be.I was picking up the toys in the living room and Christian was pulling pizza out of the oven and Kiley, well being the quick little walker that she is, was over at the oven with her hands on the open door before we could grab her.
She got first and second degree burns on her hands. After doing everything we could we called her pediatrician who recommended that we take her to the children's emergency room to make sure it wasn't worse than we thought. She was so good, she let them clean and bandage her hands and now she is our little boxer =)
We go to the burn center on Monday to make sure the healing process is going well so that she won't be left with scars on her hands. It will be a few weeks until she will be able to take her boxing gloves off, but she is doing fine and is back to her cheerful self.





Oh, poor sweetie!!! That looks so painful. That's always I'm so scared of too. What a trooper she is.
ReplyDeleteGosh! Poor thing, I hope she is feeling better.
ReplyDeleteWOW that is SO sad :( Poor little thing!
ReplyDeletePoor thing! I hope she recovers quickly!
ReplyDeleteawe, poor little thing. We'll keep her in our prayers.
ReplyDelete